the manifesto

Saturday, January 13, 2007

shoppin

It’s our first (full) day at Columbia and Angie took us out for breakfast because we have absolutely no food of our own (but seriously, who eats breakfast back home anyway). Both of us woke up like damn early cos we obviously couldn’t sleep after we got so much of that the previous day, and so we wasted the wee hours of the morning like doing wat-nots and just getting dressed.

Then we took a walk round the block and realizing the morning was too bloody cold we gave up and went inside again.

For breakfast we went to some pancake joint (4got the name) and ate a whole lot. Boy are we glad we did because one, the meal was on her (or rather the AAC) and two, it lasted us all the way up till dinner, which we had at about 4pm. Even that’s provided cos Angie got us 2 sandwiches to go each. How I wish everyday can liddat. Haha. Anyway pancakes and American breakfasts are so filling and I bet, unhealthy, that I suddenly feel like eating plain porridge. Who knows what all that fats will do to the waistline. And I’ve got 6 months here, better not to risk it.

Then, Walmart. This place sells practically everything. We chalked up a small fortune worth of necessities, including a vacuum cleaner that is happily charging itself next to my laptop now, to its dismay cos I haven got a converter to charge my laptop now and I’m totally off power and the internet.

We took a nice campus stroll around the classic rustic buildings of MU and basically chilled out (quite literally) in the afternoon. I was like, shit, this is so much cooler than NTU, which is like, *shiver* er, so ugly.

Well I’m so damn tired now I wanna go to bed!!!! It’s barely 6, haha. Anyway it’s totally dark outside and great for sleeping so…….till tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home