the manifesto

Monday, January 08, 2007

the bags are packed




So it's finally here.

From today and this post hence i renew my commitment to constantly update my blog (again) because it shall serve as the official channel that everyone back home can read about my life. Missouri, here i come...in about 6 hours (haha.)

See, I'm all packed and poised in front of my faithful lappie documenting the countdown of my departure to Missouri, USA, in case you didn't know already. In fact i think practically everyone who knows me knows I'm going. And from about 2 weeks ago I've already sensed a restless impatience amongst friends and family for me to get my ass outta here fast. Well I don't blame you, this exact-date-of-flight uncertainty has been boiling over, and it seems I'm outstaying the excitement period and people just can't wait for me to go now. Hey...cheap flights cannot hiam one okie, not like i can choose the date hor.

Well it's kinda hard to put tonight feelings into words (i know, that's what they always say), but I'm going to try anyway. It's a bit wishy washy, super paranoid, cold feet thing, and it freaks me out. I'm not used to staying away from home, like in hall or something, so I'm not used to be away from my parents. (mommy and daddy's lil girl, so wat!)

The longest I've stayed away....9 days, during OBS. This time I won't see them for 6 whole months, gosh I can't imagine how much I will miss them. This comes from DA BOTTOM OF MY HEART. this fear is real. And it's scary I'm not gonna lie and act fierce.

Anyway this whole preparation thing has been tedious la. And if any good has come out of it i would say the guilt that i feel for spending a small fortune at my parents expenses has reinforced my commitment and responsibility to give back, more, especially love.

And while I'm still in the thanksgiving mood I would also like to text "thank yous" to the people who threw farewell dinners and majong sessions, watched the NYE fireworks and even "offered" (that's a nicer way to put it) to send me off at the airport at 4 am later on...and KTV...yah how can i forget. Yah, thanks people, I will TRY to buys stuff back for you all....TRYlar, there is only one of me, poor thing noe (pun intended).

Even if the love is momentarily, like sometimes humans display surges of affection, or snugess (you know the fuzzy feely thing), I'm still grateful. So thanks, like the ang pows I got and the clothes that some nice dudes sponsored, and all that, thanks for all that.

Well that's that. Now I'm getting a bit less paranoid already, yesterday and the whole of today I was running through my head all the er hmmm, *choi*, "unfortunate situations" that might happen, and that worried me quite a bit. Well I'm usually a bit, I call it, risk adverse...haha. Whatever lar, I do my part and take care of myself, so dun worry.

Geee I'm getting a bit like a ah mah here, so let's spice it up a lil with a new and very logical theory I just thought of, about planes and the mechanics of how I'll arrive at my destination.

See it's quite simple so you've got to follow my thought train here.

Missouri is 14 behind Singapore time. And 14 hours is just about how much time it takes for the earth to spin half a revolution (gif and take la huh). And the plane ride takes about 15 hrs minus transit time. So susposedly a plane can suspend itself in mid air, 14 hours later I'll be at my destination....ah huh. Here comes the tricky part. See, planes can't suspend themselves, they are not helicopter. They have to constantly move forward at the speed of sound, (k, the speed of sound thing is me trying to act smart, doesn't affect the theory). Moreover, my JC2 physics says that gravitational pull acts on every object of mass, so technically, if a helicopter is right above you now 14 hours later it will STILL be above you, (tsk tsk : no displacement!). So the plane works such that while it moves "forward", the earth spins in opposite direction and hence allowing the plane to basically run on the spot and still reach its destination. Pretty much like a treadmill. phew....hiya......smart rite, rite, rite, rite

Okie...it's time for me to catch an hr of sleep of so and a dozen more on the plane, so catch the amazing travels of Pei Yu in Missouri (sian=( ) soon.

bye for now.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger issei said…

    Hmm that white jacket look so NICE!! haha, hope u haf a safe journey, take care and haf lots of fun!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home