the manifesto

Monday, September 18, 2006

senseless on 18 sept

This week's busy fer me. There's a big decision to be made between going for GIP and dropping that to stake my chances on landin that Missouri intership, which cost a bomb btw. Either way, I dun like the way the GIP acceptance notice decended on me, taking the form of an inconspicuous electronic mail when i least expected to get one.

Then there is this business presentation to prepare for and my resume to do up. And birthday to go to on sat. There are presents I haven bought.

It's kinda ironic to think that after this week these "problems" will be have to had already been solved. But fer now it's a lot fer my brain to take. It's still in inactive mode since most of last week and the weekends had heavy dosage of the same hideous inactivity.

I'm not excited.

or excitable

Meeting deadlines is a skill that one picks up after a prolonged period of time spend struggling to fit projects, commitment and trivia into little compartments of time. After the mastery of such a skill, week after week is simply mechnical.

Seriously it feels more and more like a factory shift. I dun even have the mood for angry banter now.

Anyway, (as you can see I'm trying to code switch here), I was at the premiere of "Banquet" thanks to the kind invitation of my neighbour and here a picture that pretty much sums up that experience.





















I got as close as i could for a good picture, which's probably the closest i ever get anyway, ha. not a very good shot though i know but it proves one thing, that i was there, i was within a 5 m radius of this incredibly handsome human being.

There is something fiercely sensuous about about Daniel Wu, other absolutely smokin up that velvet suit. He has those amazing features and the height and all, its like you could stare at him forever, at least i can, ha.

Ans I totally dig his long locks in the movie, it made he even more melancholic that he already look. Anyway the story and cinematography and all was ok, and after crouching tiger hidden dragon the swordplay wasn't anything fantastic either. But there is just something fiercely beautiful about the picture, (and the actor, tee hee)

Anyway this thought just poped into my head in pure randomness, as inspired by the thing i said about taking photos. There was this Robbie Williams movie not too long ago running on chnl 5. He said, or rather his character said, that there is something magical about a photo. It takes a moment in time and make it eternal. And the people in the photo are trying to tell generations and generations after them that "I existed, I was once young and happy and someone cared enough about me to take my picture". Didn't that just added another dimension to taking photos. I wonder how much of that is true. I'm not takin any pictures when I'm old then.

till next time folk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home