the manifesto

Friday, August 04, 2006

kelong

I spent 2 days on a Kelong in M'sia. I wouldn't call it fun "fun" because I have got no idea what "fun" on a Kelong is like. You might just think its kinda romantic living in the middle of the ocean, nonwhere near another human or just nowhere near anything, but it wasn't anything vaguely like that cos there were so many people on that kelong you couldn't quite be alone. But if I were ter live stranded at sea on a 15 by 5m platform, dangling over water, alone, i think i will just die a pretty sea sick ghost. cos it gets lonely. and yer got plenty, if not all, of yer time to think. and thinkin too much gives me a nauseating feeling. So much for the fantasies about living in some unknown corner of the earth, maybe africa, in a quaint lil shack by the sea passing the days sipping coffee and staring forlornly into i-dunno-what out there in the horizon.

Someone told me there was a man who sailed the world on a floating house propped by empty barrels, and he grew whatever he nids and blah blah blah, anyway it was a self-sufficient thing. Either that guys is a hopeless romantic or he's nuts, or the whole story is fake.

well anyway back to my kelong adventure... We fished. A whole lot of time. My friends were kind enough to lend me some gear and teach me how ter do it. And i caught a few fishes. MY FIRST FISH. yipie!!!!!! I dun noe if this sounds cruel but i actually felt excited from the tugging at the end of my line, knowing that that's an animal fighting fer its stupid life, and really it's got no chance at winning. morbid? the really morbid part was when the scaley thing stared me in the eyes with its mouth wide open as i tried(my bestest) to unhook it and hopefully not kill it so that i can throw it back. yew, !, now that i think about it. So fish only what ya need. and what ya can eat. dun be a stupid idiot and fish fer fun cos something that belongs to the earth is dying fer it.

we went island hopping too and i made 2 sandcastles. one was destroyed by a very mean shu hong and lionel and i hope the other ones stays on the beach forever.....

hopefully i learn to post fotos soon. so you can see the stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home